Love our Troops!
December 8, 2009Posted by on
This just in from my sons CubMaster,
“As the holidays quickly approach and all of us are busy getting ready, shopping, and preparing, the Community Service Committee wanted to tell you about our upcoming Service Project. On January 7th, the boys will be participating in our next service project, by putting together Care Packages called “Pack 173 Love Our Troops.” Included will be a hand signed valentine for about 50 service men in Iraq (including one of Pack 173’s own Dads!) being shipped off to serve our Country in January. ”
So, as you shop, please try to collect a few of the items listed below for the troops. We are asking each Den to contribute at least 5 sets of following items on the suggested list:
- Snack Items – individually wrapped (crackers, cookies- non chocolate, peanuts, trail bars, Slim Jims…)
- Hard candies, bubble gum, lollipops, mints
- Toiletry items (mouthwash, shampoo, tooth brush, toothpaste, eye drops)
- Hand sanitizer – waterless soap or cleanser
- lip balm
- Drink mixes –(powder to be added to water bottles)
- Playing cards, puzzles, small games
- Personal hand wipes (baby wipes)
If you would like to help by providing a few (or a lot 🙂 ) of these items, please just send me an email and I can meet you somewhere to get them.
**And as an incentive, For anyone that puts together a whole box of all the items listed, (I’m guessing no more than around $20 to do this), Then with your next session I will not only give you the $50 credit I normally give you..
I’ll also give you another $50 credit!!!
Now that’s a deal! 😉